Verdiblanca is an association and non-profit organization with almost 4000 members, all of them with different kinds of disabilities (physical, sensory or intellectual). It has two facilities: The main one is located in Almería (Spain) and the other one in Seville (Spain).
The organization is integrated in:
- Local Entities such as: FAAM (Local Federation of associations of disabled people), Fundación Mediterránea (Educational Entity at Almería University ), Local Council of disability
- Regional entities such as: Regional Council of disability, Network: Andalucía Inclusiva (Inclusive Andalusia) , Association of Special Employment Centres (ACECA)
- State level entities such as: National Federation of Associations of People with Physical and Organic Disabilities (Cocemfe). National Federation of Associations of Special Employment Centres (FEACEM).
Verdiblanca has a Special Employment Centre with more than 500 employees. At least 75% of them have some kind of disability (physical, sensory and/or intellectual). Furthermore Verdiblanca has a Volunteer Plan with 30 members and it is involved in the mobility project assuming the roles of sending and receiving organization.
Verdiblanca’s goals are:
- Integration and normalization of people with disabilities
- Job creation for people with disabilities
- Promoting activities of leisure and free time to improve their integration in society Assistance services adapted to the needs of people with disabilities (assessment and relationship with other organizations, public bodies, associations, social inclusion platforms, central health services, etc.).
- Supporting social/voluntary work
- Assessment in accessibility and adapted transport
- Legal Advice to improve the rights of people with disabilities
- Training and education (training practices with other educational organizations such as universities, colleges, etc.)
- Specific training for people with disabilities in order to improve their skillset
- Communication and awareness spreading of the relevance of the social integration of people with disabilities
- Help and Home Assistance
- Daytime centre with 49 people with disabilities with where they are trained new skills for their lives.
Our socio-cultural Animation Program includes social and cultural actions to stimulate the initiative and participation of groups and communities of people with disabilities in the process of their own development, in harmony with the rest of society. Verdiblanca pursues a complete normalization and social integration of people with disabilities. Therefore we carry out the following activities:
- Programs and campaigns of diffusion, sensitization and communication to promote the social integration of people in risk of social exclusion
- Assessment in accessibility
- Social and labor integration of handicapped people with innovative programmes
- Training and education for members
- Lobby in different networks, boards and platforms to promote the integration and normalization of people with disabilities
- Involvement in the mobility project assuming the roles of sending and receiving organization within the Erasmus+ Program